There’s nothing not to love about this easy, healthy, tasty, hearty, soup . You can also switch or add other vegetables so don’t be frightened to experiment.
- 200g Tomatoes
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 red onion
- 1 pepper
- handful of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 750ml of vegetable stock
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1 heaped tsp dried or fresh basil
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven 200 C (Fan 180 ) 400F (Fan 375)
- Generously cover a baking sheet with olive oil
- Wash and cut vegetables and place on the baking tray
- Garlic – remove as much of the outer skin that you can and slice of the top of the whole garlic
- Season with salt and black pepper
- Generously sprinkle more olive oil on top and with hands mix and turn everything together ensuring everything has a coating of oil.
- Pop in the oven for around 30 minutes.
- Once out put the garlic carefully to one side
- Place the roasted vegetables into a large saucepan, add the tin of tomatoes and the stock and place on the heat.
- Return to the garlic place on a breadboard the skins should pretty much be falling off or squish out once pressed with the side of a knife. If it does not pop them back in the oven for another 10 minutes. Place garlic in saucepan with other veg, basil and chilli flakes.
- bring the contents nearly to boil and then simmer for 10 mins.
- Take off heat, and use a blender to create a smooth consistency.
- Serve with your favourite crusty bread and enjoy!
- Serves 4
- For increased volume without losing flavour add another tin of tomatoes and/or 500ml 1/2 pint of stock, you will have a thinner consistency.
- Freezes well if using a jar to freeze, remember to keep an inch space from the rim and preferably stand upright.
Other Soup Recipes
Click on the links below to see some of my other favourite soup recipes you may like.