Flap jacks one of those snacks that you can leave basic or add in all sorts of things that you would like to use up. Banana, apple, raisins, chocolate chips, leftover cereals, I love just popping things in and seeing how they turn out.
For a quick basic recipe see below and have a go!
- Prep Time 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time 20-25 minutes
- 125g sugar
- 125 butter
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 50g dried fruit (optional)
- Preheat the oven 180C / Fan 160C/ Gas 4
- line a small baking sheet with grease proof paper
- Place the butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan, put on a low heat stir and melt it down.
- Once all melted add the oats, dried fruit and any other bits and pieces and give a good mix around making sure everything is coated.
- Once mixed place into the tray, smooth and press down with a fork
- Bake in the oven for around 20 mins or until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool
- Once cooled, lift out and chop into squares.