Creating your own fabric beeswax/reusable wraps is easy and a great way of re-purposing unwanted cotton fabric.
If you are unsure as to what beeswax wraps are, checkout my post What Are Beeswax / Reusable Wraps And Why Do I need them?
If not then lets get started!
There are multiple methods of essentially creating the same thing. Some people prefer to use pine resin, others not, some use jojoba oil, but coconut oil can also be used. Beeswax can be bought and grated or beeswax pellets can be used. One thing everyone needs however is fabric and beeswax!
What Do You Need To Make Beeswax Wraps
- Fabric 100% cotton is best a fine weave sheet type thickness. I used part of an old sheet and part of a cotton blouse that was beyond repair.
- Jojoba oil or Coconut oil
- Pine resin (optional)
- Parchment or baking paper
- Dedicated paint brush (optional)
- A heat source – oven, sandwich press or iron.